www.friendsclear.com has applied to Seedcamp. Another promising French start-up is taking the challenge to just become big. It's not that I am being patriotic, but I am so glad to see French people getting over the usual and traditional fear of success - or failure. France (and Europe to be fair and less patriotic) has a lot of very talented people with the will to succeed. It is now notorious that we just lack some momentum, daring investors and the right place to mix them all up together in order to achieve success. London, with Seedcamp, could be that place.
The Friendsclear chaps have had some fears about the "huge" contribution (10% stake for EUR50K) announced by Seedcamp, but they went over it, with reason I am sure, as it is an extraordinary chance to meet the right people, at the right time and get all the benefits from it.
In my opinion, it is just a shame that all of this happens 3 years after the first signs of the expending web 2.0 bubble in the US. Once again we are late. But wait, the bubble hasn't burst yet and something is coming along. Small companies are applying, working tremendously to polish their prototypes, building up networks and blogs just to let the world know they exist and that the future of the web has to go with them. This is just great!
I just cross all the fingers I have got for them as I believe they have all they need to succeed.
1 comment:
Thanks for your support Xavier ! We'll keep you and your readers posted :)
Post a Comment